Rowing Academy 2018
Vernon Rowing and Dragon Boat Club and School District 22 are partnering to offer a Rowing Academy in 2018.
The Academy is open to students in Grades 10-12 that have completed a Youth Rowing Program or Learn to Row program at VRDBC.
- Provide a mechanism that facilitates weekday rowing training for academy athletes that does not disrupt their other high school courses.
- Give athletes an opportunity to develop teamwork, trust, personal challenge and discipline.
- Utilize a broad range of boat sizes to fully capture the crew element of rowing.
Athlete Learning Plan
- Students will be credited for a minimum of one high school course. Participation in the academy will include:
- Principles of Rowing—Mandatory (Grades 10—12)
- Physical Education - Optional thru vLearn (Grades 10-12)
- Sport specific club coaching levels—Learn to Row Instructor
- Any other online courses that will help build a personalized learning plan to meet the students needs.